The Bronte Parsonage Museum, Haworth, West Riding of Yorkshire.
The Bronte Parsonage Museum was the former home of the Bronte literary family including sisters Charlotte, Emily and Anne Brontë, famed for their poetry and novels. The parsonage was built in 1778-1779 and sits in beautiful established grounds. The Bronte sisters various novels have become much loved classics and includes the books ‘Jane Eyre’ by Charlotte Bronte and ‘Wuthering Heights’ by Emily Bronte.
The Parsonage building was opened as a museum to honour the Bronte Sisters in 1928 and is enjoyed by the public and Bronte scholars alike. It is also home to the Bronte Society, one of the oldest literary societies in the world, founded in 1893. The building houses the Bronte archive and manuscript library and holds regular public events to promote the sisters works and raise funds for their future protection.
Window Drapes for the Parsonage.
Window Drapes for the Bronte Parsonage Museum.
Cotton and linen damask in crimson woven for window drapes in the Parsonage. The design featured small sprig leaves in a ‘picot’ style, taken from the French word piquer, meaning to prick. The small design creates an understated allover texture to match the decor of the room.
The Humphries Weaving design has proved popular subsequently for those looking for an interesting plain.
Project reference: 2281