Clarence House, London.
Clarence House is looked after by The Royal Collection Trust. It is the former home of Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, designed by John Nash and built for William Duke of Clarence 1825-27. (King William IV 1830-1837). Situated on The Mall, it is attached to St James’s Palace and shares the palace gardens.
Clarence house is now the official London residence of The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall. It was also residence to Prince William from 2003 until his marriage to the Duchess of Cambridge in 2011, and Prince Harry until 2012. Official Royal residences are often working offices and host receptions, dinners and other official functions as well as welcoming state visitors and dignitaries.
The Drawing Room
The Drawing Room wall coverings.
Humphries Weaving were commissioned to weave a powder blue silk damask for the Drawing Room wall coverings at Clarence house. There is a sample of this fabric held in the Warner Textile Archive.
Project reference: 394 /433
These wall hangings were replaced in 2002 when the interior decorator Robert Kime updated the scheme for the arrival of the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.