Frogmore House

Frogmore House, Windsor, Berkshire.

Built in the 17th Century, Frogmore House forms part of the Royal Collection Trust and is located within Windsor Castle’s magnificent private Home Park. Although no longer a Royal Residence it is still used by the Royal family for entertaining, especially picnics in the tranquil grounds.

Frogmore became a royal residence in 1792 when George III purchased it for his wife, Queen Charlotte.  The interior of Frogmore House bears testimony to the interests and talents of those who have lived there.  The Duchess of Kent, from whom the Drawing Room takes its name, undertook substantial decoration and renovation in the mid 19th Century during her time in residence as her tastes differed from those of Queen Charlotte’s.

Following its decommissioning in 1997, many items from the Royal Yacht Britannia can be found in what used to be the Duchess of York’s dining room, as the Duke of Edinburgh furnished the room belongings from the vessel.

Faulkbourne Damask, Frogmore House Ref 1026

The Drawing Room.

The Duchess of Kent’s Drawing Room.

Humphries Weaving supplied a narrow woven silk damask in yellow, which was used for the curtains in the Duchess of Kent’s Drawing Room at Frogmore House.

Project reference: 1026