The Drapers’ Company, City of London.
Founded over 600 years ago, the Drapers’ Company is incorporated by Royal Charter and is one of the Twelve Great Livery Companies in the City of London.
Drapers Hall was traditionally a place where members of the guild met to discuss and co-ordinate business. At first, they used individuals’ houses but in the 1420s the Drapers’ guild decided to build its own Hall. This first Hall was in St. Swithin’s Lane.
Drapers Hall Reception Desk
Custom designed reception desk covering.
Entrance Reception Desk custom designed textile covering, incorporating a background pattern of the Company’s Crest in a mono toned cotton and viscose flax cloth. The fabric features the newly revised Drapers Coat of Arms woven in centered single motif.
The desk was part of a new scheme to modernise the reception which was designed by Paul Vonberg of Woodbridge Suffolk.
Project reference: 2158
Drapers Hall, The Court Dining Room
The Court Dining Room stands in the oldest part of Drapers’ Hall, dating in part to the late 17th century. In 1869, John G. Crace and Son were employed to improve and alter the decoration with the additions of coats of arms in the ceiling cove and oak wainscot around the walls.
Window drapes were woven in cotton and linen in a seven shade tissue, specially coloured to tone with draperies featured in the Tapestries.
The Tapestries are the main feature in the room’s decoration and cotton and linen fibres were chosen to compliment them and not detract from their rich texture. The design is also featured in a house in Berkley Square London.
Project reference: 2058