Ballyfin House, Southern Ireland.
Reputed to be one of Ireland’s finest houses, the neo classical mansion was built between 1821 and 1826 by Sir Charles Coote in designs by the leading Irish Architects Richard and William Vitrivius Morrison and is admired for its lavish Regency design. Set in 600 acres the property has been restored and refurbished into a luxury hotel.
After undergoing an eight year program of restoration the property reopened as a 5 star hotel offering 15 rooms of luxurious accommodation, set at the foot of the Slieve Bloom Mountains, Ballyfin House is a perfect luxury escape.
Humphries Weaving was commissioned to undertake a full restoration of the fabrics in the Saloon.
The Walling and seat furniture was woven in silk, cotton and wool tissue in gold and stone. The design dates from the mid 18th Century and can also be seen in the Library, Wilton House, and Wiltshire.
Project Ref: 2071
Window drapes were woven in silk and wool plain repp in stone.
Project Ref: 2072
For the sofa covers a further silk, cotton and wool tissue was woven to match the Saloon walling.
Project reference: 2084